Location Hostel Alhambra Madrid
Hostel Alhambra is very close to the Puerta del Sol and the Plaza Mayor of Madrid, in the heart of the city centre.
Prime location in the centre of Madrid, in a district with a typical flavour, close to taverns and restaurants, leisure and entertainment facilities such as nightclubs, cinemas, theatres, cafeterias and pubs. It is also a few minutes from the main shopping area of Madrid; department stores, clothes and sports shops.
In the vicinity of the hostel or at a short walk away, you will find everything you need in terms of souvenirs.
The Hostel Alhambra is also close to museums, monuments and buildings of cultural and artistic interest.
The hostel is also very well communicated by the main bus routes and the metro, which will take you to any of the sights or interesting places in the city as well as connecting you with train stations and the airport. It is also a few metres from the tourist bus stop.
Sol metro station, with lines 1 (light blue), 2 (red) and 3 (yellow) and regional train station (RENFE) enables our guests to access any part of Madrid easily and comfortably.
Lugares de Interes
- Thanks to its excellent location, very close to the Hostel Alhambra you will find a wide variety of different places of cultural and tourist interest, such as the Prado Museum, The Thyssen Bornemisza, Reina Sofía and the "Círculo de Bellas Artes" providing an unique cultural selection that few cities can match.
- There are also monuments close to the hostel such as the Puerta de Alcalá, the Cibeles and the Neptuno fountains, the Royal Palace and the Plaza de Oriente surrounded by beautiful, well-tended gardens open to the public: the Almudena Cathedral, the Teatro Real, the Palacio de Telecomunicaciones (Post Office) or the Congreso de los Diputados (equivalent of the House of Commons). We can also visit on foot the Plaza Mayor with its medieval appearance conserved throughout the centuries, the Plaza del Descubrimiento or Colón, presided by a monument dedicated to Christopher Columbus.
- We can visit the Retiro Park, where we can enjoy a large green space with lakes and hire a rowing boat; gardens such El Parterre; beautiful palaces converted into galleries, such as the Palacio de Cristal the Velázquez Palace, and watch street performers (singers, mime artists, etc.)
Cómo llegar en transporte público desde el aeropuerto
- From Barajas Airport you can easily and comfortably access the hostel in 30 minutes, for €2.50. The destination station is SOL which you can get to by metro or Cercanías (regional) train.
- By taxi, the journey takes around 20 minutes and the approximate price is €20-25 €.